Yesterday we took Bug to the Dr. for his 2 month check up ((great idea now that he's already TEN weeks)) Anywho... Andrew got off work early 'cuz I was paranoid EVEY would be more traumatised by seeing Edward get a shot than Ed himself. So being the easy going, loving husband he is, he got off work and we all 4 went to the clinic on base.
The corpsman [sp?] was checking Bug out and the female corpsman was watching him [training him, it seemed] when she turned to talk to Evey. she asked her how old she was. Evey paused for about 30 secs, looked at me then answered "I be three in September" I found myself shocked. You would think, by now, I should know she picks up on EVERYTHING!! She's too smart sometimes.
Edward is a BIG growin boy! He's a whopping 24 and a quarter inches and 13. 6 pounds. He's also been in 3-6 months clothes since the middle of last week. He had a tough time yesterday after his shots. I pretty much had to hold him alllll the rest of the day so he'd sleep. when ever the injection site got slightly touched he'd scream. It was a bit scary for me. I don't remember Evey having any problems after being vaccinated. He must have had a tough night too because I remember him waking up just about every hour to nurse and moving around in his sleep in between then. I pray he'll rest [and let me rest] better tonight.
Despite my sleep deprivation I'm still hanging in here. I got up when Evey woke up and took care of the kids, then decided I was going to try out "Rumble Tumble" I've wanted to take Ev for a long time now, but never had the car to go during opening hours. So after lunch, bath and getting dressed I loaded the diaper bag and took the kids into town. I paid the 6 bucks for 2 and under and let her go.... she quickly came back. IT was NOT a GOOD TIME!! =(
Edward woke up and cried, Evey was shy and hanging around my legs, i finally got her on the trampoline and discovered Bug had crapped his drawers!! and the best part was it was on ME too!! Fuuuuun... so I hightailed it to the bathroom and cleaned us up the best I could. I had to walk around with a couple of small stains of baby poo on the bottom of the top though. =P blaaaaah!! Oh well, I'm used to it now. Edward felt better apparently and drifted off to sleep so I placed him in his car seat and was able to help Evey roll and play, for about 10 mins. Long story short, Evey was so whiney and overwhelmed she didn't want to do anything but make me hold her. I told her we were going to leave and she started pitching a fit, I told her go play then, and she pitched another fit. After 10 mins of that I did make her leave... kicking and screaming... Awwh yes... why did I want to take her there again???!!?!
I had wanted to go to one of the craft stores to buy higher quality paint brushes to make Edward's door hanger, soon.. but after that and them BOTH crying in the car.. I just went HOME!! It's sooo hot, and they STILL haven't come to fix the water spout outside, so I can't even fill the new plastic pool. GRRRRRRR. ONLY good thing about today... Andrew got paid!! Oh, and Andrew will be home very soon.. God willing!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment