Laying in the floor looking at the sunbeams coming through the window, Evey points and says "Look! Fireflies!" I look and see floating dust particles. I say, "No, that's dust." She asks,"dust?" I say "yep" She smiles and says, "Oh! I like dust!"
Just sitting here now she announced "I don't like this. I want more." Talking about the poptart I gave her for breakfast. No, I still don't know which is true, other than she has left the half eaten poptart on the floor, so I assume she's done.
Other night I told Andrew I had been dealing with a headache all day and still had it. Evey says, "Oh, I have a headache too, I need to go to bed." Then she crawled on the couch and covered up.
Several weeks ago Evey was using a plastic toy saw on Andrew's foot. Andrew asked her if she was trying to cut off his foot. Evey says yeah. Andrew says, "I LIKE my foot thank you very much!" Evey smiles and says "Your welcome!"
Four of us laying in bed one afternoon talking when the conversation turns to chocolate milk [Evey's FAVORITE] Andrew says he loves chocolate milk. Evey says she does too. I say I don't, but like strawberry milk. Andrew says I'm weird. Evey gently pats me on the shoulder and in a very patronizing voice says, "That's great, mommy."
Yesterday at the toy store I stepped out of Evey's immediate view while she was looking at something else. A minute later I hear her say, "Oh-oh. I'm lost."
Maybe you had to be there to appreciate these, but I think they are precious.
No comments:
Post a Comment