Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A.K.A

Some of you may have wondered [to yourself or aloud] why we call our son Bug, well the story starts when I was pregnant. Evelyn was obsessed with my belly. She wanted to rub it and touch it all the time. As Edward got bigger and Evey got older she began to understand a baby was growing inside me and he would come out one day and be her brother. Well, Evey loves Dora and watches it every day, one day she watched an episode that she had seen before so I didn't know she would pick up something new from it. Dora had to help the Bugga Bugga mommy get to her Bugga Bugga babies, and something in Evey's mind made a connection. After that she would crawl on me, lift my shirt and her's, put our bellies together [belly button to belly button] and say "bugga bugga bugga bugga"!!! When Edward was born the name Edward was fine, but I didn't like the idea of calling him "Ed", or "Eddie" so I remembered Evey. Bugga Bugga Baby seemed to fit him, and was shortened to Bug easily.
Everyone likes it, though it seems stange, it works. I don't know how he'll feel about it when he asks and we tell him it came from "Dora." We still call him Edward from time to time, but I still prefer Bug over Ed. We play on it easily; cute as a bug, baby bug, stink bug, love bug, Bugga Bugga man, etc.

I had wanted some pictures to go with this post, but google couldn't produce any still screen shots of the Bugga Bugga family. But if you are really curious, or just that bored, you can do a search and watch the episode, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment