Friday, September 10, 2010

No use crying over... tomato paste.

Ever heard the [bad] joke about the lady trying to bake a cake? She decided to make a cake but when she got started she realized she was out of flour. So instead of letting it discourage her into not baking she goes to get dressed, walks outside down to the bus stop, gets on the bus, rides to the store, gets her flour, checks out, pays the checker, sits at the bus stop again, gets on, rides back home, put her old clothes back on and goes to finish making the cake and she sees... she's out of eggs too. Well, that's not really funny to me anymore because I did that last night. But it wasn't just a cake, it was dinner. I thought I had done so good planning the menu for the week's dinners but last night when it was time to start cooking I remembered, "Oops. Do I have Ro-tel?" Well, I didn't, but I needed to go get my prescription anyway, so I got dressed and drove to town and got both. When I got back home Andrew went to get another key ingredient from the pantry and discovered we were out of tomato paste too. I lost it. I thought I was a total failure. Forgetting to buy all you need for the week's dinners is such a "rookie" mistake! I've been married for 5 and a half years! you would think I would remember to verify we have all the things needed to make the dinners I planned! But, instead of just laughing about it, I cried. I really cried and didn't think I was going to stop, but Evey came into the kitchen and to keep from upsetting her I got over myself, at least in outwardly appearance.
All this nonsense leads me to believe I should definitely continue to take my medicine. I was close to running out so I began rationing my supply so I could at least have some of it in my system rather than running out and going off "cold turkey" but I have given up the idea I can be well off the medicine and am blessed that my old Dr had a change of heart and called in my regular prescription after all. Now I have an appointment with a local dr scheduled and able to stay medicated until then. God Is Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment