Sunday, September 27, 2009

Big Changes

Today was a Sunday to remember for Andrew and myself. The LDS church does several things different than any other church in the world, for one there is the Temple [I'll come back to that] and another is the Patriarchal Blessing. There are others, but these are what I'm focused on at the moment. A Patriarchal Blessing is what Andrew received today. If you are a worthy and active member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and do NOT have yours, I challenge you to do what you must to get it. I got mine 6 months after I was baptized and it has played a very important role in my life. Going with Andrew this afternoon was an AWESOME blessing and I'm so happy things worked out that we had good friends to care for Evelyn during that time. Whether you are a member or not I can not share much of the experience due to the fact it is a very personal experience and can not be taken lightly. I just wanted to say that if you don't have yours you should learn all you can so that you may understand and receive it. It is priceless and, as far as I'm concerned, essential part of every church member's life.

Backing up in time a few hours now... today was our last of 7 Temple preparation classes. I will miss this sooo much!! Aside from the class being informative and deeply spiritual I loved having the chance to get to know our wonderful Bishop and his wife better. I'm very pleased and thankful for the Brother and Sister called at this time. Without their special spirits staying in tune with Heavenly Father's promptings it's likely we may not have strived to attend every class. During class today I felt very strongly impressed we should NOT wait until our fifth anniversary in Febuary to be Sealed as a family as we had decided. I was afraid I was getting my emotions confused with the Spirit until I told Andrew my feelings, and he said he got the SAME IMPRESSION! Heavenly Father is SOOO awesome! It was decided that we will be attending the Boston Temple just as soon as we can be interviewed and set the appointment. Praying things will all work together despite the usual opposition from the advisary at such critical events.

Also today I was asked to fulfill a calling!! It's not one I would have picked for myself at this time, seeing as it will take me away from Relief Society, however I trust in our Heavenly Father and know that he has way better plans for me than I could ever come up with for myself. =)


All this AND I've been pondering the idea of becoming more serious about my love of photography. I brought pictures to my therapist and she became very enthusiastic about a future career [very soon] for me. I've made a rough draft of a fliar showcasing my work and details to make plans. It's not really that I want to make money [though it would be really nice!] but I want to challenge myself and expand my range, WHILE giving friends and neighbors frame worthy pictures without the sticker shock. I HATED when we had pro shots of Evelyn for her second Christmas and only walked away with 25 Christmas cards 8 wallets and two 8x10s, with a MUCH lighter wallet. =( So I want to help people keep their memories even in this hard recession. Well, we shall see how the Lord wants me to go with my talent. He has given it to me for some purpose even if it's just to bring joy to myself and my loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment