Friday, September 4, 2009

Bottle of paint + three yr old + distracted Mom =



My first reaction? Oh. MY. GOD.
Then trying to stifle my urge to LAUGH my butt off!! Here's what happened.
I admit it, I'm a shopaholic... groceries, clothes, crafts.. doesn't matter, I'm in "the zone", on the hunt.. for a bargain. I had been combing the A.C. Moore craft store for everything I needed to continue my crafts and then some. I had put Evelyn in the basket because she had been running off, out of my sight, freaking me out. She wasn't happy about it so I kept her content with some objects I had no intention of buying.



Then I put four bottles of acrylic paint I DID intend to buy in the basket with her. I thought she'd look at the labels, maybe bang the bottles together to see what they'd sound like or even toss them back out of the basket on the floor... they had SAFETY SEALED PLASTIC on them. Am I wrong to think she couldn't open them???
Apparently so. I was so enthralled in the clearence isle I didn't even suspect she was being unusally QUIET and GOOD. MISTAKE! My Mommy radar must have been on hiatus, because I was oblivious. It wasn't until she spoke to me [I don't recall what she said] that I looked at her.


I had to put everything I had been looking at down and go directly to check out. Which Andrew was probably happy about, seeing as I have an addiction.
I really wish I'd had my camera right there in the store. It was too funny. I was worried about her touching stuff and they'd make me pay for it, but at the same time I was already planning to take pictures as soon as we got home and thinking of how to decorate for the scrap page! LOL. Am I sorry this happened? Not so much, the checkout lady felt sorry for me and scanned a coupon she had at the register for 40% off one item, it all washed off, made for a funny story, and taught me a well needed lesson.... NEVER underestimate the curiosity of this little Angel.

1 comment: