Thursday, August 13, 2009

small update

Okay, so the last post was more like a personal journal entry than a family upddate, I didn't plan it that way, it just came out when I started thinking about it.
Evelyn is still not potty trained, and I don't think she's ready to be. She wants to be a big girl, but she's not interested in going anywhere but her diaper without a lot of nagging. I thought having her best friend Audrey [who's potty trained] stay the night would motivate her, but the only thing Evey did was stand there and keep asking "Audey, are you all done yet?"
Evey thinks she knows how to drive better than mom and dad. She's the WORST backseat driver I've ever seen. Whenever I backout of the drive she says "Mommy there's a kid behind you, be careful" when there are no kids in sight. She yells "GOOOOO" when I'm stopped at a red light, and when I tell her there is a car in front of me anyway, she yells "Get out of the way car"
It's funny to hear about, but so fun to experience.
Edward is a good boy. He is still very easy going, and sleeps most of the day. Most of the time he's content just swinging, rocking, or sitting propped up. When Evey was this young she wanted to nurse alll day. I couldn't put her down without her crying. So I'm super happy he's more independent. We encourage him to coo and talk to us during his waking hours, and he's happy to put on a show.
Our new furniture got here a week ago, but we just got it all arranged on Tuesday night. The old futon is still hanging around until Andrew can take it up to one of his co-workers. But if you ignore that, the place looks awesome. Soo much better than what we had even before the fire. In fact, 80% of everything we have is better. Brand new computer, large tv and furniture, much nicer camera and camcorder, bigger beds, better dressers... yep, the Lord took away everything and restored it 7 fold. We lost a lot of sentimental things that can never be replaced, and that makes me very sad. But the Lord has taken care of us more than we could have imagined that night we ran out of our home for the last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment