Monday, August 17, 2009

Getting better everyday

So the Bugg Man is sleepin in his swing, and Evey is upstairs watching "yittle yine" which is Evey speak for Disney's Little Einstiens. The house is dark because it's gonna be almost 90 degrees soon! No central A/c... that's hot for this southern belle who ALWAYS had a/c growing up. Anywho, I have been up since nine [[and that's late for me]] cuz bugga bug was fussy and fighting sleep like a champ last night. I've been searchin online for everything I can find about my new passion... Scrappin! [[making a scrapbook, a.k.a. scrapbooking]] There is a store down in Hampton that holds club meetings! Bit of a drive, but for the little bit of money, social possibilities and some free samples, I think it might be a good thing. The fact that I'm even SERIOUSLY considering joining shows hUgE improvement for me!! This time just 6 months ago [preggers or not] I would have had a panic attack at the mere thought. That's sad, but true. So, yeah, BIG positive changes for meeee!!! As a result of ME getting better, the whole house has changed, for the better. Cuz....

IF Momma aint happy, NO ONE's HaPPy!!!!




Haha, I truly understand that saying now. So today I go see my therapist/life saver/friend, Deb, and come home to my loving little family. The Elders [[from the Church]] will most likely stop by, so I better get some cleaning done today, sometime soon. They never call first, but they like to stop by and share a spiritual message with us... I guess it's like F.H.E! [[Family Home Evening]] since they tend to visit on Monday night. Huh, cool, I hadn't realized that until just now. They joined us in our Temple Prep class yesterday. YEP, Andrew and I are FINALLY getting things in order to get our family to the Temple!!! It's sooooo exciting, I get butterflies just thinking about it. But it's also very humbling. I KNOW we are not ready yet. And it's gonna take a while to get there. I'm not gonna list all our sins and sins of omission here, but trust me we need to start doing things to get us ready. I think our goal will be somewhere after the first of the year. Typing this just now has made me realize something. My hatred toward my Mom's husband has always laid heavily on my heart when thinking about entering the temple for those sacred purposes of being sealed to my Andrew and our children. I believe I can let go of those feelings now. Because of my therapy with Debbrah and the long distance and growing older and just time passing in general, I think I can, if I haven't already, overcome this and other hard feelings stemming from my childhood. People may think I'm taking things to the extreme, but I feel it's important for my heart to be right before receiving these eternal blessings.

I can also tell another big difference in my life, I'm BUSTING with ideas. Everyday. Every night. I just don't have time to do all I want to do. One big time eater, the computer. It's a great source for info and a life line to my sis and bros and my other family and friends, but it's super easy to go from one thing to another and then another then back to checking email/facebook/myspace, then before I know it three hours have slipped by! There is also the DVR. Marathons of Law and Order: SVU come one often so we set the DVR to record all of it and watch at our leisure. One episode is an hour long, and it's hard to watch just one. I LOVE OLIVIA BENSON! She's my hero! Getting to kick the butts and lock away rapists/child molesters/ murders.... she's AWESOME! I even want to cut my hair like her, lol, not exactly like her though. Anyway, I get ideas for crafts, church, the kids, life in general all the time, it worries me sometimes if I'm just in a bipolar manic episode, but Debrrah says I'm not, that I'm acting "normal" which I've never been, so it's scary and exciting at once.

The Playdate I took the kids to last week helped sooo much. When I went to church this past Sunday I actually felt comfortable and wanted to be there. I was disappointed when Church ended, it felt like it went by too fast. Oh, and at the end of the Temple Prep class, I gave the closing prayer. Me, Myself.... I haven't felt comfortable enough to do that in sooooo long. It helped a LOT that Brother Valencourt was holding Edward and I could actually concentrate but still, another big accomplishment for myself and another small baby step to getting my family to the Temple!

No comments:

Post a Comment