Wednesday, August 26, 2009

i've got some e'splainin to do...

Blogger was giving me fits... for some reason it wouldn't reccognize the file I had the pics in, so after FINALLY getting them on a post, I just hurried and posted it rather than take the chance it messing up again. So here is the story to go with the FIRST Artsy fartsy Me post...



Edward's plaque is something I've been planning for MONTHS, and just got started on this past week and finished on the weekend. It's not too fancy, but I like it for my first attempt. Maybe I'll make a better one later. I didn't trace or use ANY stencils, every part was created by me except the footballs, they are wooden and attached with adhesive, I bought them just the way you see them. The Seahawk logo was the part I was most nervous about, but after a few minor corrections turned out fine.... though I do realize the beak is too short. Again, I think it's good for a first attempt. I didn't step back and look at the whole thing until after I had it painted to my liking. Then I decided I didn't want to paint over and start again. I DID have to re-do his name though. My sense of space sucks. I started out well enough than ran out of room at the end. So I tried to do better the second time. Not perfect, but it IS much better.





The next pics are my scrapbook pages I've been working so long and hard on. This is not all of them, no, I have several more completed. But these are my most recent and best so far. They are outstanding next to my very first pages. Example, my very first page:


So yes, all in all, I feel quite accomplished. Now, I wish I could say the same about the housework. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment