
Brother
Scott D'Amboise is running for the U.S. Senate against fellow republican
Olympia Snowe. And we are HAPPY to help in the "Snowe" removal! This was our second parade to help campaign. The first was on a very hot day last month for the Lisbon
Moxie Day. A couple of weeks ago we drove to Rockland to represent him in the
Maine Lobster Festival. A dear friend and I painted the banner together the Friday before the event. My husband drives his truck, while our two kids, other supporter's little ones, expecting mothers, and myself ride in the back. In my excitement and anticipation to get out the door that morning I neglected to eat breakfast, had been awake since 4 that morning, and not brought any water. I was a little nervous this time because there weren't as many people available to march with us, and I had no chair to use in the back like I did for the Moxie Day. I started out kneeling at the left side with my daughter, but soon began to feel 'my voice'. I scrambled to stand up and lean on the cab of the truck so I could be heard from both sides. During the next half hour I yelled and begged fellow Americans to "Support the Constitution! Vote for freedom! Vote for D'Amboise!" I was aware of the pointing fingers, the amused looks and thumbs down from an audience member after answering "Republican." when asked what party. But I didn't care. And I don't care. For every young or old person that thought I was crazy and extreme there seemed just as many agreeing and clapping. They say that our current POTUS gained ignorant votes by chanting "Yes, we can! Hope and change!" Why not leave the "extreme" image of a young Mom that believes in freedom SO much she would stand in the back of a pickup, sweating and yelling with such veracity she nearly passed out... voluntarily?
I really was close to fainting. That's no exaggeration. Not eating, little sleep, hot sun, yelling and standing in the bed of a moving truck was a perfect recipe. I had to sit down once until my head stopped spinning, but after that it was even harder to carry on. But I feel so strongly and believe in Scott D'Amboise so much, carry on I did. And God willing, I'm doing it again this Saturday, too. But, I'll be sure to eat this time!
No comments:
Post a Comment