Thursday, August 18, 2011

Personal Politics

I was raised in a very 'controlled' home. This was not an LDS home, but a sort of non-denominational-Christian-atmosphere. I know what it's like to be caged and know little freedom. Depression, drama and contention thrived in our living room and at our dinning room table. Growing up in such a home has made me realize how vital it is to know the truth, and have the freedom to choose, good or bad. And to not be shielded from the consequences that follow your own decisions. "The school of bad experiences is a high price, and only fools keep going back" -paraphrased from President Ezra Taft Benson
With that [briefly] explained, I want to say since coming into teen and early adult years I have become a sort of freedom fighter. But NOT that "freedom" that elicits an illusion of doing whatever you feel like and not have to suffer the consequences. No. That "freedom" is non-existent. Someday, whether it today or 1,000 years from now and a million after that, we will each pay or reap a reward for our thoughts and actions. Even I pay for my personal contribution to those toxic arguments and manipulations that were a large part of my young life. Though I was born into it without choice, when opportunities rose later in my life, I am at fault for not exercising my freedom. For staying in my comfortable cage and seeing the world outside through a distorted lens.
Since becoming married and having my own children, since becoming truly converted to loving Father in Heaven above all things, I have not just escaped from the prison but broken the distorted lens. I'm still working to form my own lens, with Father's help and studying the Prophets of all dispensations, but I know my lens is more whole and complete than it was before. I strongly believe and defend Father's wisdom that Man have free agency. I believe he inspired those men that framed the Constitution. I also believe that our world governments are working hard to take that God given freedom from us. Many may not be aware of the curse they are supporting but there are others who know exactly what they are doing.

“The United Nations
concept is one of unlimited
government power with
virtually no meaningful
restraints to protect
individual liberty.”

Ezra Taft Benson
(1899-1994) Quorum of Twelve Apostles
An Enemy Hath Done This, p. 204—1969

No comments:

Post a Comment