Laura Petrie



I watched 'The Dick Van Dyke Show' on Nick at Nite when I was a preschooler, and thought she was wonderful. Whenever I think about her today, I still think she's wonderful. I remember she wore her house dresses with pearls when sending Rob and Richie off in the morning, then wore her Capri pants so she could dance and entertain her guests at the evening dinner parties. She was a loyal friend, to Millie, though most times Millie caused her troubles. She was patient with her son, Richie, and always met her husband with a kiss. She was gorgeous, intelligent, talented, and funny. I know her character wasn't perfect. She had times she got jealous, worried, over sensitive and fed up, but she always expressed her apology when she realized she was in the wrong. She loved her family, she loved her life, she loved herself!
No comments:
Post a Comment